Anyway - we slept in, then went on a 45 minute bike ride along the Rillito Wash trail. It was a great bike ride and not too hot. After the bike ride, I decided watermelon #2 was ready to pick from our garden. I looked up information on determining ripeness, so I had much better luck with this watermelon. It was fully ripe, juicy, and very tasty! We're looking forward to eating all of it for snacks this week.
Charles and I then made the 2 hour drive to the Mesa Temple and went to an endowment session there. It was so nice to be in the Temple with Charles. After, we visited the Trone cousins for awhile. Saturday was free entrance day at the National Monuments and Parks (at least in Arizona). We wanted to take advantage of the free day and visit the Casa Grande ruins on our drive back to Tucson. Unfortunately we made it to the Monument about 45 minutes after it closed. Luckily we could see the Casa Grande from the road. We also drove through a few neighborhoods to get a closer look and snapped a few pictures. There is only the one structure at the Monument. It was interesting to see, but I don't think it will be high on our list of places to visit again.
It was dinner time once we made it back to Tucson. We decided to try a pizza buffet place called CeeCee's. There was a wide variety of pizza - even a mac and cheese pizza. It was one of the best pizzas I tried. It was a fabulous Saturday and I'm glad I got to spend it with Charles!
3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! I am starving right now and I really want to eat some watermelom and pizza! YUM!
I'm glad you got to sleep in and enjoy a great Saturday! That mac 'n' cheese pizza sounds yummy and your watermelon looks perfect!
My kids and Dave love this pizza place. I think they enjoy the brownies and cinnamon rolls as much as the pizza!
Post a Comment