February 18, 2009

The plants could use some water


(Carrie) I had a neighbor kindly tell me this afternoon that the plants in our front yard would look alot better with some water. She's right. I've watered our plants probably a total of 10 times with the garden hose since we've moved into our home and they look quite ragged right now. Every once in awhile I'll remember to dump the dirty water from cleaning the kitchen floor on a plant or two. Or I'll simmer quilt fabric to get out some dye and dump that water on the plants. I discovered that some of the dyes contains formaldehyde, so that water is probably not helping with the plant growth. Besides the sporadic watering, the plants have been on their own. The Jones' grand plan is to get rid of the few plants we have and, with the help of a landscaper, put in some pretty desert plants that don't need much water.

I have been excited this week as there have been two different types of plants flower in our yard, without any extra water at all! I think it is wonderful that we have some flowers with color. Maybe I'll give them some extra water rations so that they'll survive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting plants. I do water plants but they still die.

Jay and Emily said...

I love the pink one! You'll have to show us more pictures of your yard when you put in more flowers