March 26, 2012

Cirque de la Symphonie

We have been season ticket holders to the Tucson Symphony for two years now, and really enjoy attending the symphony. Saturday was the last performance of the season for us, Cirque de la Symphonie. We had no clue what to expect, except possibly a few acrobatic performances along with the music. During the evening we saw juggling, a magic performance, aerial acrobatics on hoops, ropes and linens, and strongmen, all of which completely amazed us! The talent (musical and physical) was fantastic and we were both astonished by the physical abilities of the performers. We enjoyed the music, but the circus aspect was definitely the highlight of the evening.

Here are a few pictures I found online of the performers we saw. I wish I could find a picture of the lady in the hoop hanging only by her ankles! That truly was the most nerve-wracking stunt of the evening.





1 comment:

David and Amy said...

That's so cool! I bet it was exhilarating to see it in person!