February 28, 2012

Two days of golf - Accenture Match Play

I received 2 tickets from Sun Mechanical for the Friday events. Evidently, one of the leaders of the Volunteers is our VP for Sun. Good to know for coming years, I will be able to get tickets every year for free. But I digress.... I already had the day off from work when this came up a couple of days before. So I asked Carrie if she would be able to get the time off as well. Carrie has learned to like watching golf in person. So we went on Friday morning, luckily I was able to score a free parking pass for Friday. We had to park alot further away for Saturdays matches. We were able to drive right to the golf course and park and load up on the shuttle to get to where the action was. After walking for miles on Friday trying to figure out the best spots to watch the professionals. We decided on Saturday that we would camp out at the 8th and 13th holes. TO let the Professionals come to us. On the eigth hole we were able to get seats at the back of the green. Excellant seats in the amazingly green grass.
Friday Hunter Mahan the eventual winner, finished off his opponent at the 13th hole. Which we were able to see. Watching these "Pro" golfers end up in the desert with some of the hits. Has given me some more confidence in my sputtering game. I loved it being able to see their facial expressions when they knew they had hit a horrible shot.
Saturday was a low key affair we were able to rest alot more and take in the beauty of the surrounding areas and the Tortilita mountains. Because they don't allow cameras at the tournament. These pictures are from the professional photographers.


We watched Lee Westwood win on Friday. He lost the Championship round to Hunter Mahan. Lee Westwood of England hits his tee shot on the 15th hole during the third round of the WGC Accenture Matchplay Championships golf tournament in Marana, Arizona, February 24, 2012.


Rory McElroy had the biggest following of spectators for the event. Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland hits a shot on the 17th hole during the third round of the World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club on February 24, 2012 in Marana, Arizona


Peter Hanson of Sweden putts on the first green during the quarterfinal round of the World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club on February 25, 2012 in Marana, Arizona.


Hunter Mahan hits an approach shot on the second hole during the quarterfinal round of the World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club on February 25, 2012 in Marana, Arizona.

This was a very fun time for the both of us!!! I can't wait until next year.

1 comment:

David and Amy said...

Did you take all of those pictures? They are really good!! That's pretty sweet that you got the hook up to go to this tournament!