July 19, 2009

Boston Highlights

We took a fun vacation to Boston to celebrate the 4th of July with my family. I got to meet my twin nephews for the first time! It was wonderful to spend so much time with my entire family. I can't wait for the next time everyone will be together again!

On the 4th of July, we took a tour of the USS Constitution, ate a wonderful BBQ, then watched fireworks over the Charles River. It was a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th!




Sunday, July 5th, we attended church, then walked around the Boston LDS Temple. We then drove to Matt and Dionne's home for another great BBQ. We got a tour of their home, as well as a tour of the treehouse and fort outside.






Monday, July 6th, we took barefoot family pictures at Minuteman National Park with North Bridge and Old Manse for the backgrounds. That was a beautiful park!




After family pictures, we walked around Walden Pond, then stopped to rest at the site of Thoreau's cabin.



For Family Home Evening, we enjoyed another BBQ on the Air Force Base. Jay and Charles cooked the meat while the rest of us played at the park. After dinner, we broke the pinata that Charles and I made and finished decorating the night before! Cade is taking the first whack at the pinata.




July 7th we spent the entire day walking the Freedom Trail in the rain. I loved seeing the historical sites! I especially enjoyed the King's Chapel and the old cemetaries. Charles got to enjoy some New England Clam Chowda. We shared a fabulous chocolate dipped cannoli from Mike's Pastry, and climbed 294 steps to the top of the Bunker Hill memorial. I loved the 6 mph signs at the subway parking lot. It was another great day!







The last day of the trip was spent looking at family pictures, admiring the many trees, shopping at Walmart for Boston Celtics souveniers, and flying home! Our flight home took a few extra hours, as the Tucson airport was closed due to a severe summer storm. Since our plane was running low on fuel we had to make an unexpected stop at the Phoenix airport to re-fuel. We then spent at least an hour on the airplane in Phoenix, waiting for the Tucson storm to leave. Once our flight landed in Tucson, we had to wait on the plane some more, as there was not an available gate for us to unload at. What an adventurous way to end a fabulous trip!


4 comments:

David and Amy said...

Wasn't that a great time? I love all of your pictures, it's especially fun to see what you did on the days that Dave and I missed. I sure miss you and Charles and can't wait to see you both again! 1-4-3!

McClintock said...

Looks like a great trip! I would love to have been there with you. How did you enjoy the chowder?

Juston said...

hello, can anyone leave a comment or do I have to log in? this is the test!

Jay and Emily said...

Good pictures! I am glad you we were able to find some hats. Can't wait to see you again!