March 13, 2011

Flower, flowers and more flowers!

We celebrated our three year wedding anniversary this week. It is hard for us to believe that three years has come and gone so fast! On our actual anniversary we ate dinner at a nice Italian restaurant to celebrate. This weekend we are going on a sunset horseback ride to continue the anniversary celebration.

Charles sent these beautiful flowers to me at work. I loved looking at them every day.


Charles got these roses from me. He was surprised when I gave them to him!


The plants in our yard survived the freezing temperatures from a few weeks ago. We have petunias, snapdragons, iris, roses and some desert flowers (not sure what they are called). This week the petunias bloomed in massive quantities! We love to look at the plants every day and see what is new. Today we noticed 4 rose buds and can't wait for the roses to bloom. It is fun to have some color mixed in with the dirt and rocks.





I have to include a picture of my peas. I am so happy with both of our gardens! The fertile soil, shade and water from all of Charles' hard work the last few months is really helping the vegetables grow well. We'll be eating alot of home grown produce in a few weeks!

4 comments:

David and Amy said...

Happy Anniversary, I love that you gave each other flowers and am looking forward to a post about your horseback ride. Also, your yard is beautiful and I'm so impressed with your garden!

Anonymous said...

Those petunias are amazing! I hope they still look like that when we arrive. I love that you both sent each other flowers for your anniversary. Your yard and garden look great!

Janet said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Take lots of breaks getting off the horse! I learned the hard way last summer.

McClintock said...

Charles, impressive work in the garden. You must have aquired dads touch! It definately has not reached me, all things I touch tend to die!